STILL NEEDING HELP CHANGING MY BACKGROUND

Closed
Princess_Tamara Posts 3 Registration date Tuesday December 27, 2011 Status Member Last seen January 2, 2012 - Jan 2, 2012 at 10:57 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Jan 6, 2012 at 03:25 PM
ON WINDOWS STARTER

Hello Again,

My mother bought a used Acer from Ebay that has Windows Ultimate. I was able to change her background with no problems...a snap...just like on any other computer I've used, SIMPLE. Have any thoughts on why my moms would work? If having Windows Ultimate maybe somehow fixes it? Or any other thoughts on what I can try? My computer is a straight-up Gateway. Do you know if Gateway was bought-out by Acer or vise-versa? I was wondering if it might be the brand of computer I have? If Gateway is a good brand? It seems that a lot of the people complaining have Acers; but no matter what brand you have, your gonna have Windows. Would this gentlemen that my mother got her computer from have had to upgrade to Windows Ultimate, or do some computers come that way?
IF SOMEONE HAS A SOLUTION, PLEEAASSEE HELP ME, BEFORE I DO GO COMPLETELY CRAZY. This is such a tiny issue, and yet sooo frustrating!!! I wanna speak to Microsoft...AND NOT GET CHARGED FOR IT!

Thank you!
~Tamara
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jan 6, 2012 at 03:25 PM
The starter version of Windows (used on some netbooks) does not allow you change the background.