Computer stuck in endless reboot

Closed
STEF54 - Feb 2, 2009 at 10:16 AM
 shyshy - Aug 18, 2010 at 06:33 PM
Hello, i installed Windows XP sp3 and my computer restarted and said "We're sorry, windows did not install sucessfully" OR some thing like that, then i clicked "start windows normally" and it is stuck in an endless reboot, can u help me? i dont want my files to be deleted, how can i get my computer back to normal? plz keep it simple

1 response

BennoTron Posts 7 Registration date Saturday January 31, 2009 Status Member Last seen February 2, 2009 1
Feb 2, 2009 at 10:49 AM
The first thing you want to do is try "Last Known Good Configuration" when it gets to that boot selection screen. If that doesn't work, you'll usually have to go in under the "Safe Mode", Go to your control panel, uninstall SP3, and then reboot again in normal mode, if you can (you should be able to). You can try to install SP3 again once you've rebooted, but it may result with the same issue. Usually a second try has been sucessful in my experience.

Hope this helps,

Benno
YA safe mode or anything else wont work,. dont worry i fixed it, i did windows recovery and then disk fragmenter and its all good, thx though
so that all i have 2 do?