Endless loop where there's no way to reconnect FB. Why?

Closed
tuckerdognc Posts 4 Registration date Wednesday February 16, 2022 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2022 - Updated on Feb 20, 2022 at 01:15 PM
HelpiOS Posts 14269 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen March 27, 2024 - Feb 21, 2022 at 03:55 AM
Hello, I got a message for violating community standards (I posted something historically factual). I attempted to follow up and got the "You asked too many times message." Then when I logged in the 30 day countdown began. Then, "do you want to log out? If you do you only have X days to request a review." But, I'm supposed to just leave this notice up and logged into my computer for 30 days? As the only way to get rid of it is to log out. Eventually I got a "you can't post for 3 days." It's been 10. I have 20 days left before I'm permanently removed. But I think I've been already. BTW, the online form? Gets me nowhere. Nada. Does nothing. So though that's a sweet suggestion, it doesn't work. I get a message that a security text will be sent but nothing comes. I've read all the "what to dos" and "how tos" and nothing works. The "use this site for sending IDs" doesn't work because it doesn't accept what I send, and then responds with a "log back in [to the account I can't log into] and follow instructions. "We'll send you a security link." Nothing happens. On the phone, I see my account for a brief 1/2 second, then "There is an error fetching your data." Then I have to attempt to restart as the phone is now frozen. Nothing I do with the phone does anything. Digging even deeper, this is their reasoning on their "Community standards": To help keep Facebook open and welcoming, we try to prevent people from unintentionally misusing Facebook, even if you felt that what you did was acceptable. " So, I read this as, "even though you posted something you felt was acceptable, we didn't, and regardless of whether it was intentional or unintentional, we're disabling your account and we will not speak of it again." Seriously? Should I just attempt to rebuild an account I had for 12 years? Or, will I be blocked due to the network IP address?

System Configuration: Macintosh / Safari 15.3
Related:

1 response

HelpiOS Posts 14269 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen March 27, 2024 1,890
Feb 21, 2022 at 03:55 AM
Hi,

It seems that your account is no longer disabled. Facebook needs to confirm your identity by sending you a confirmation code. Did you try these methods as you don't receive it?

You can try logging out from your account and clearing your browser's cache and cookies. Don't make any login attempt for 96 hours.

Good luck