Windows 7 Starter doesn't let me type Korean

Closed
ryryt - Feb 19, 2012 at 09:49 AM
 Blocked Profile - Feb 19, 2012 at 10:43 PM
Hello everyone,

I recently purchased a Netbook which has Windows 7 Starter Edition on it. My problem is that I can't type Hangul characters nor Hanja characters in any way. What's odd about it is that if I browse a webpage, the characters are displayed correctly on the browser (Chrome) but not on my word processor or any folder renamed with Korean characters. All I can see are squares. I don't want to change the language of my OS; I just want to be able to type in any language I want. I also tried a third party software to input foreign characters, but it still does the same thing.

Can anyone help me ?
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Feb 19, 2012 at 10:43 PM
Greetings,

Please, bare in mind that Kioskea is a mutual aid community, all answers on the forum are provided by volunteers who give their time free to help solve issues.

Therefore, it is specifically requested from Kioskea forum users correspond showing mutual respect. Therefore, when requesting assistance, the use of polite expressions,as for elsewhere in similar circumstances, is appreciated. (please, thank you, appreciate, grateful, etc.)

https://ccm.net/apps-sites/internet-archeology/ccm/10131-terms-of-use-for-ccm-respect-for-others/#politesse

Please, copy, modify and repost your message respecting the politeness charter.

We trust that you understand.