TOSHIBA LAPTOP SHUTS DOWN CAN'T BOOT

Closed
thomasray Posts 1 Registration date Saturday August 25, 2012 Status Member Last seen August 25, 2012 - Aug 25, 2012 at 05:56 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Sep 26, 2014 at 05:03 AM
Hello, I have a toshiba satelite 205 ,been have a radom shut down problem,would always reload ,now I can't get the machine to run at all.turn on ,brings up the start up repair screen click on it ,loads files get a please wait, then computer cuts off.. tried to restore the screen comes up that I haven't set any restore points which I have, was able to get to task manager, to find all my processes were disabled...restarted all I could before machine shut down.....HELP

2 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Aug 26, 2012 at 05:16 AM
I suggest that you restore it to factory settings.

1) Hold down the power button for 10 (ten) seconds to switch off your machine.

Please note: Holding down the power button on the machine forces it to switch off. Any unsaved data will be lost.

2) Press and hold the 0 (zero) key and at the same time, tap the power button once to switch on your notebook.

3) When the machine Starts beeping; release the 0 key.

4) When prompted by the warning screen; select Yes to continue with the system recovery.

5) Select Recovery of Factory Default Software; click Next.

6) Select Recover to out-of-box state. Click Next again.

7) Click Next to Start recovery.

Good luck