Please, bare in mind that Kioskea is a mutual aid community, all answers on the forum are provided by volunteers who give their time free to help solve issues, so please be nice.
Don't buy a new laptop.
The reason it shuts off could be because your machine is running out of live (RAM) memory and the reason it's running out of ram could be because of a virus.
To help you and prescribe the remedy, I must make a diagnostic and to do so, I require a system log.
1. Open this link and download ZHPDiag2 :
Click on ftp://zebulon.fr/no1
(Don't be alarmed is the site is in French, it sometimes happens, the tool will take your system language and allow the download if you get a warning message. Once installed, click on the "hardhat" icon, it allows to change the language.)
2. Save the file on your Desktop.
3. Double click on ZHPDiag.exe and follow the installation instructions.
the tool creates three icons ZHPDiag, MRB, and ZHPFix (If necessary,we will use ZHPFix at the next step).
4. Double click on the short cut ZHPDiag on your Destktop.
5. Click on the screwdriver icon and ensure all of the items are checked.
6. Click on the Magnifying glass and run the analysys.
Wait for the tool to finished (maybe a long time)
7. Close ZHPDiag.
8. To transmit the report, click on this link :
9. Click on Parcourir and search the directory where you installed ZHPDiag (usually C:\desktop\zhpdiag.txt).
10. Select the file ZHPDiag.txt.
11. Click on "upload »
12. Copy the url and post it here.
Moderator /Security Contributor