Hi Expert, I have windows XP with a Ghost "H" Drive installed. T

Closed
phukim_cai Posts 1 Registration date Saturday October 6, 2012 Status Member Last seen October 6, 2012 - Oct 6, 2012 at 02:28 AM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Oct 6, 2012 at 05:33 AM
Hello,

Hi Expert,
I have windows XP with a Ghost "H" Drive installed. This "H" Drive has 187GB of space
and my "C" drive only has 9GB of space with only 200MB of available space left.
How Do I remove volume space from the "H" Drive and add it into my "C" Drive?
Millions Thanks! Please help if you can.
Van,
Deleted by moderator@gmail.com
Related:

1 response

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Oct 6, 2012 at 05:33 AM
Hi phukim_cai,

If I understand you correctly, you are referring to a partition created in your computer for backup which is showing as H: Drive. This drive consists of an image of your Operating System which was created using Norton Ghost software and is occupying 187 GB of Hard Disk space.

If you want to delete this drive and use this in addition to your primary drive(C: Drive) you can follow the steps below. However, once you delete this partition you will not be able to recover it again, so follow the steps below only if you are sure, you want to delete it.

1. Log on as administrator or as a member of the Administrators group.
2. Click Start, click Run, type compmgmt.msc in the Run dialog box, and then click OK.
3. In the left pane, click Disk Management. The Disk Management window appears.
4. Your disks and volumes appear in a graphical view and list view.
5. Right click your H: Drive here (the rectangular box marked as (H:)).
6. Select Delete Volume.
7. It will ask you to confirm if you wanted to delete. Select Yes.
8. Once the delete process is completed instead of H: you will see Unallocated Space.
9. Right click Unallocated space and select New Partition.
10. In the New Partition Wizard, click Next, Primary partition, Extended partition, or Logical drive, and then follow the instructions on your screen.

Please reply if you have any further questions.