Toshiba Satellite Motherboard

Closed
david3131 Posts 4 Registration date Monday January 14, 2013 Status Member Last seen January 17, 2013 - Jan 15, 2013 at 04:58 PM
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020 - Jan 17, 2013 at 10:47 AM
Hello,
i would like to know if anyway have an idea of how much the motherboard for toshiba satellite a210 cost. can i fix it myself and how? thanks in anticipation of a reply..

yours,
dave

2 responses

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Jan 16, 2013 at 07:51 AM
Greetings,

First you need to know your motherboard model number and then try searching

for your motherboard in ebay. If you have any issue related to your motherboard

then you need to approach to your nearest laptop's service center and find

out if that can be resolved with the fix or you need to get a new

motherboard. Most of the times a small fix like replacing the damage component

will resolve the issue rather then getting a new motherboard. But its up to you

whether you want to resolve the problem through a fix or to get a new

motherboard. You can replace the motherboard by yourself if you are very careful

enough in disassembling the laptop and assembling it back properly.

Good Luck
david3131 Posts 4 Registration date Monday January 14, 2013 Status Member Last seen January 17, 2013
Jan 17, 2013 at 09:03 AM
thank you very much... i have gone through ebay and found out the prices and like you said, i will take it to a servise center to ascertain the damage. Then i can made my decision on fix or changing.... But do you know what might cause this motherboard problem.. error on bus controller on motherboard..
Have a nice day and hope to read from you again soon..
Dave
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Jan 17, 2013 at 10:47 AM
Greetings,
Such errors are caused by the faulty or corrupt drivers, wrong settings in the BIOS. We need to troubleshoot the issue step by step. If such error occurred then you need to install the drivers. You can download the drivers from the manufacture's website. In some cases because of IRQ conflict such error will also occurs. This will also occur if there is a failure in the component working like Chipset etc. Only service center can help you to troubleshoot regarding which component got failed. If its a chipset then its not replaceable and you need to get a new motherboard because this will be embedded on the motherboard. In short, firs you need to check the below following before coming to conclusion that its a motherboard failure.
1) Make sure that you have installed the correct drivers. Install the chipset drivers first.
2) Make sure that there is no IRQ conflict.
3) Try loading the default settings in the BIOS.
Good Luck