Windows 8 will not boot up any of my programs/safemode. HELP

Closed
ayane2k Posts 1 Registration date Thursday January 17, 2013 Status Member Last seen January 17, 2013 - Jan 17, 2013 at 05:37 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Jan 17, 2013 at 06:11 PM
Hello all, I have a Dell Inspiron notebook that I had just gotten the other day,everything was fine until i tried to log into an online game a few hours back. When i tried to log in I got an error saying that it failed to load, I didn't think much of it until I tried to open a browser. When i tried to, it was very slow and my internet didn't work along with it. Not thinking to much into it i restarted my computer only to get back to a very slow desktop following by not being able to click on anything. When i tried to search for programs they would either take to long or show up as an empty folder. So i restated again and tried to boot into safemode, thing is every time i click shift+F8 it takes me right back to my user account with the same problems. At this point I'm freaked out because nothing is working, so I try to restore my system thinking something just needs to be undone, but I cant seem to find the recovery, In fact every time i try to start up the dell system center that holds the recovery, the cursor on the mouse will spin, but stops as if i never clicked to begin with. I've looked on YouTube, Google, etc but they all say the same thing Shift+F8 but nothing happens for me, When i try to go into my apps to find the recovery it isn't there, as if the programs was deleted. I try other methods into getting into recovery, but it isn't working. I start to get errors saying"The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion" It says that to everything I do, I just brought this laptop and its brand new. I just did a preboot assessment check and it saying everything is working fine. The last thing that I did was try to load up the disk that came with the laptop, one that re installs the drivers and such. It didn't work as well, and it takes me right back to the start up. Please help any tips?

Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jan 17, 2013 at 06:11 PM
Since the laptop is new you have support from Dell. I suggest you call them on your phone. They have excellent phone support.

Good Luck