Black Monitor Screen

Closed
perga Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday January 29, 2013 Status Member Last seen January 30, 2013 - Jan 29, 2013 at 10:20 PM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Jan 30, 2013 at 01:55 AM
Hello,
My screen has been flickering for days now and I decided to restore my system. At the end of the process, while the computer was restarting, it showed professionalXP and went blank and black. All my efforts to put the CPU off and on again has been giving the same result, the monitore comes on, disply the window professionalXP and goes black. Can someone help me here?

Related:

3 responses

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Jan 29, 2013 at 10:32 PM
Hi perga,

Please check if you can boot to Safe Mode. To boot to safe mode, restart the computer, when Dell Logo appears start tapping the F8 key. When the Advance Boot Options appears, select Safe Mode. The computer will boot with a low resolution screen. If the computer boots to the Safe Mode Successfully, please try to install the Video Drivers and restart the computer.

Do reply with results.
perga Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday January 29, 2013 Status Member Last seen January 30, 2013
Jan 30, 2013 at 01:28 AM
I tried but it did not work. I need help seriously.
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Jan 30, 2013 at 01:55 AM
Hi perga,

Try a few more troubleshooting steps with the Monitor and check if the issue fixes:

1. Check for optimal video resolution in the Monitor OSD (On Screen Display) Menu. Run factory reset. (Refer monitor's user guide of respective model).
2. Check if the flickering occurs on Initial Start Up Screen and in BIOS.
3. If flickering is seen on Initial Start Up Screen and in BIOS, Follow the troubleshooting mentioned below.
4. Ensure Video cable is functional/not damaged (broken/bent pins).Reseat monitor data cable (VGA, DVI, HDMI or Display Port).
5. Run Monitor self-test / BIST (Refer monitor's user guide of respective model). If test fails, the issue is with the Monitor.
6. In addition to steps from 1 through 5 test this monitor with another computer (a friend's computer) and check if the problem happens there also.

Do reply with results.