My computer temperature very high then

Solved/Closed
drnabil1950 Posts 3 Registration date Thursday February 14, 2013 Status Member Last seen February 14, 2013 - Feb 14, 2013 at 07:33 AM
drnabil1950 Posts 3 Registration date Thursday February 14, 2013 Status Member Last seen February 14, 2013 - Feb 14, 2013 at 07:48 PM
computer works very fine at first then when i tried to open a video or open more than one url sites with big informations on it like youtube videos or any java or flash or much photos in it, i start to hear some voices from the computer case then computer turned off suddenly "not shut down" just turned off then when i turned it on again & enter the "press del to enter setup" & go to the place that see the temperature i found more that 95% 96% or even 97% of heat & it may turn off again after see it to 99% then if i waited for a time & turn it on i found heat became 70% ~ 80% but the processor cooler fan is working fine & i see it's speed about more than 2000 r/m & power supply fan too so i guess it's a cooling problem so how can i cool the computer it's intel pentium 3.2 Ghz with 2 G RAM & 1 G on board vega
& by the way i opened the case & put it in front of the air conditioner till it cam cool then saw the temperature of computer found the temp about 50% ~ 60 % & at the same time when i enter windows it still working fine & when surfing big url sites with videos or photos or javas or flashes all worked fine without hearing that voice & viewing youtube videos without any problems & the computer still working without any turn off suddenly but if i turned off the air conditioner, just few seconds & the same problem appears & voices lisened & it turn off, so how is the best cooling process or is there any setups from the BIOS to lower something that make the temperature became very high? & my processor cooler fan is LGA fan G4 "it's a circle fan with four long pins"
Related:

1 response

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Feb 14, 2013 at 10:14 AM
Hello,

Try this 1

Open the cabinet --> Remove the dust --> Carefully remove the heat sink from

the CPU and clean the CPU Fan--> Remove the old thermal compound from the

CPU and from the heat sink --> Apply a little new thermal compound in the middle

of the CPU and place the heat sink back properly.

Make sure that you have removed the dust from the CPU Fan and Heat sink.

Good Luck
drnabil1950 Posts 3 Registration date Thursday February 14, 2013 Status Member Last seen February 14, 2013
Feb 14, 2013 at 01:02 PM
wow it worked it was already having a very little dust on it but i used cotton ear cleaning sticks & used vaccum cleaner very carefully to clean every thing & put thermal compound & put heat sink back & it worked & now i can do all the things i said before that i can't do normally & now without any voices or turn off & can open videos & photos & big url sites at the same time :) & saw the temperature found it about 62%
thank you so much
drnabil1950 Posts 3 Registration date Thursday February 14, 2013 Status Member Last seen February 14, 2013
Feb 14, 2013 at 07:48 PM
now i made a test, when not opening any thing temperature 39% & when opening graphic game & video & surfing big urls sites with photos javas flashes & open more than one video in youtube "ofcourse this is a test & normally i'm not openning or using all this things together ;) just for the test" & temperature reaches just about 70% :) without any crashes or freezes or turn off or anything all worked very very fine :) thank you so much you saved my computer from burning.
have a very nice day.