Unable to boot laptop - black screen

Closed
thedaaax Posts 2 Registration date Friday February 15, 2013 Status Member Last seen February 15, 2013 - Feb 15, 2013 at 04:58 AM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Feb 15, 2013 at 11:55 AM
Hi guys,

I have a Toshiba Satellite M305D laptop, and I have recently reinstaled my windows 7. After that for a few days everything was fine, and then one day I was working on my latop for a few hours, turned it off, carryed it for a half an hour and then tryed to start it.
It boots for a second or two and then stops (i can hear it working silently).
Power light is on, but there is black screen always.
I've tryed removing the battery, holding the power button for some time and starting it again without the battery, only AC pluged in but nothing happens.

Does anybody have any ideas what can I do?

Thanks!
Related:

3 responses

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Feb 15, 2013 at 05:53 AM
Hi thedaaax,

The symptoms you have mentioned indicate the failure might be pertaining to the Laptop Display. As you mentioned the display goes blank after some time but the computer is working in the background, please try the below mentioned steps and post the results here:

1. Try to boot the computer in safe mode (Restart the computer, when the initial Startup Screen appears start tapping the F8 key. When the Advance Boot Options appears select Safe Mode. The computer will boot with a low resolution screen. Check the display here.)
2. Check Video on external Monitor, if available.
3. If video is displayed on the external monitor and no video on the Notebook LCD, this indicates an issue with the Notebook LCD or the LCD cable.
4. Take a technician's help and try to reseat the LCD Cable. Refer to the Service Manual for detailed steps on how to reseat the LCD Cable.
5. If the Video is not available on external monitor as well this indicates a failure with the Video Chip on the motherboard.

Please do write back to us.
thedaaax Posts 2 Registration date Friday February 15, 2013 Status Member Last seen February 15, 2013
Feb 15, 2013 at 09:48 AM
Hi Zohaib,

thanks for a quick reply, but im almost sure that my OS is not booting all the way.
It starts, but than it stops.
I will try with an external monitor, to see if I have a problem with my display.
Is there any other issue that I could be dealing with?
I'm not able to enter the safe mode, because of before mentioned booting problem.

Best Regards,
thedaaax
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Feb 15, 2013 at 11:55 AM
Hi thedaaax,

As the computer is not booting to the Safe Mode as well it is hard to determine the Operating System related issues. However, another thing we can try is keeping the computer on in BIOS. Try this and see if the screen goes blank in BIOS as well. I will await your response after you have tried an external monitor and keeping the computer powered on in BIOS.

Please do write back to us.