-
Registration date
Tuesday March 29, 2011
Status
Last seen
June 26, 2012
-
Hello,

I have like a "problem" . Months ago I ran a windows experience index assessment and my processor's speed rating was 5.9. today I ran a new one and it came 2.9 how to explain this?? what happened ?? my processor is becoming old or there is a problem with its installation? thanks for any help you provide. I ran the first test on a biostar G31 M7 TE
then I changed motherboard because of performance issues.

8 replies

Registration date
Wednesday October 8, 2008
Status
Contributor
Last seen
June 15, 2019
I suspect you didn't correctly mount the CPU cooler when you changed Motherboards. You should remove the cooler clean both surfaces with alcohol, reapply the thermal grease and reattach the coller.

Good Luck
Thank you

A few words of thanks would be greatly appreciated. Add comment

CCM 2942 users have said thank you to us this month

Registration date
Status
Contributor
Last seen
June 15, 2019
I think it's a problem with the motherboard/installation. CPUs do not "get old". I suggest you download the free version of "Everest" or "Soft Sandra" that can do an evaluation of the computer. It's probably the "front side bus frequency" that needs to be changed in the BIOS.

Good Luck
Registration date
Tuesday March 29, 2011
Status
Last seen
June 26, 2012
Thanks for your reply, I would like to provide more information on the problem, in case people do not understand..

1. Months ago I ran a Windows Experience Index test on Windows 7 and I was getting 5.9 as processor rating, games were not lagging after some time. When I play PES 2011, the game started well, no lagging, then the game starts to lag.

2. I decided to change motherboard as someone told me that the Biostar G31-m7 TE 's North bridge is close to the cpu and that if I want more performance I need to have a mb with the northbridge which is not near it. I changed motherboard myself, installed the processor in it myself. I started the pc and it booted , I was happy. Then I installed some tools from the new MSI G31 TM -P35 motherboard, one of them was Dual Core, I ran it and got to my facebook page to chat with some friends, a few seconds later I heard a siren saying that the temperature of my motherboard is 93 degrees Celcius. At First I wasnt worried as it came from a software installed on windows, then during the motherboard bootup I decided to take a look in the bios and I was stunned to see 95 degrees celcius...

NOTE: The PC never shut down , even at hot temperature and the desktop performance is normal, idk why games lag , maybe my graphics card is getting old but idk why.

thanks for any help you provide me, I would really apreciate it cause I dont want to lose this processor!
Registration date
Tuesday March 29, 2011
Status
Last seen
June 26, 2012
By never shut down I meant, it never shut down in a sudden, never, all is normal exept the epic temperature :o
Registration date
Tuesday March 29, 2011
Status
Last seen
June 26, 2012
I changed the Name to : Processor Temperature at 95 Degrees Celcius
Registration date
Status
Contributor
Last seen
June 15, 2019
You loaded MSI software on a Biostar motherboard? Now it looks like your voltages are way too high. Please remove the MSI software and/or restore the BIOS to Biostar standard settings. We have no way to know and or solve your problems if you "mix and match" hardware and software.
Registration date
Tuesday March 29, 2011
Status
Last seen
June 26, 2012
Hi xpcman, I didnt, anyways, thanks for your reply :), I meant that I changed motherboard, I think you got confused with the names. Before I was using a Biostar G31-M7 TE, now im using a MSI G31 TM-P35 or maybe I did a mistake, if so , im very sorry.
Registration date
Tuesday March 29, 2011
Status
Last seen
June 26, 2012
Please Help, I didnt get the solution yet!
Registration date
Tuesday March 29, 2011
Status
Last seen
June 26, 2012
Thanks I will do that, I will tell u if the problem is solved, thanks again xpcman
Registration date
Tuesday March 29, 2011
Status
Last seen
June 26, 2012
Thank you xpcman, problem solved, now I get 70 degres celcius and I heard that Intel Pentium D procesors get hot fast .... so thanks

regards