Notebook displays black screen

Closed
drtob Posts 1 Registration date Friday February 15, 2013 Status Member Last seen February 15, 2013 - Feb 15, 2013 at 06:52 AM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Feb 15, 2013 at 07:00 AM
Hello,please I need help with my hp mini 100e notebook. Whenever I power it on, it only displays the HP logo with a message at the bottom-left of the screen which goes thus"press the ESC key for startup menu". Then the screen resumes to plain black and nothing else. Although I can hear the fan spin and the power-button light on but no other evident sign of system booting at all. THE SCREEN IS JUST BLACK. Please I need help on how to get my notebook work normally again.

Related:

1 response

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Feb 15, 2013 at 07:00 AM
Hi drtob,

The symptoms you have mentioned indicate the failure might be pertaining to the Laptop Graphics. As you mentioned the display goes blank after some time but the computer is working in the background, please try the below mentioned steps and post the results here:

1. Try to boot the computer in safe mode (Restart the computer, when the initial Startup Screen appears start tapping the F8 key. When the Advance Boot Options appears select Safe Mode. The computer will boot with a low resolution screen. Check the display here.)
2. Check Video on external Monitor, if your mini laptop has a VGA connector.
3. If video is displayed on the external monitor and no video on the Notebook LCD, this indicates an issue with the Notebook LCD or the LCD cable.
4. Take a technician's help and try to reseat the LCD Cable. Refer to the Service Manual for detailed steps on how to reseat the LCD Cable.
5. If the Video is not available on external monitor as well this indicates a failure with the Video Chip on the motherboard.

Please do write back to us.