Cannot attach files to my hotmail after that outlook switch [Solved/Closed]

Ask a question ohlisa 1Posts Friday March 1, 2013Registration date March 1, 2013 Last seen - Latest answer on Sep 27, 2016 12:48AM
I've tried everything.
People give solutions that make no sense to me like delete Silverlight from you applications. Well, I don't have Silverlight. I don't understand why those assumptions are made in the first place. What can I do to fix this?
Is there a way I can go back to using the old hotmail where attachments worked with no problem?
Thank you!
See more 
moins plus
I've been experiencing the same problem. Irritating how it happens. I've also been looking around for answers, but seemingly it's also unavailable.
If it cannot attach I often do this:
1. Cancel draft, starting new, attach the file first before starting to compose or add recipients address
2. If it's should be on a thread, close the page, re-open in other browser. I know it sounds stupid, but it works.

I am no IT savvy or whatever, but this is what I do.. :-/
Mrs B- Aug 29, 2013 12:53PM
Thank you - that worked for me after hours of frustration!
b- Apr 5, 2016 01:35AM
Thank you as well.
moins plus
Hi ohlisa, I had the same problem and after googling this question, I stumbled onto your question. After trying different things, it seems to work for me when I click and drag the folders on my desktop and dropping them into the email. The drop isn't anywhere specific, I just plop them anywhere in the white box section where you type your email. I hope this works for you too.
pam- Jul 15, 2016 09:48AM
This was very helpful!
moins plus
Disable ad block for outlook if you have it.
moins plus
Have you tried an alternate web browser like firefox?

Are you on the latest internet explorer?

ac3mark 6020Posts Monday June 3, 2013Registration date ContributorStatus October 21, 2016 Last seen - Jun 18, 2013 09:47AM
I agree with Keifrschild, if ou are using IE 10, downgrade to 9 by going to add remove programs, window updates, click on unistall ie10.
moins plus
I turned off AdBlock and suddenly Attach works. Using Chrome. Might be a coincidence ...
Would be nice if Microsoft would tell us.
moins plus
Solution which I found is to install google chrome.
someguy- Aug 25, 2015 10:51AM
Except it happens in Chrome too.
ul- Aug 4, 2016 05:18PM
it happens in Chrome for me
moins plus
Hi, just had this problem (yet again) using Internet Explorer 11.212

Restarting Outlook using Opera allowed me to add attachments as usual.

Ironic that two Microsoft products don't work together properly. this problem seems to come and go for no reason.....

Marianne- Sep 23, 2016 04:55PM
Yes, it seems to work when you restart Outlook regardless of the browser.
moins plus
I too have just had this problem on chrome. Solutions failed. I used yahoo...
MR- Jun 28, 2016 08:21AM
I have the same issue sometimes, I hit restart on the computer and then when it starts again it will load the attachment. Somehow there is too much in the que and it is blocking it

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!