Unblock Hotmail account after 30 days

Solved/Closed
KarenGagne Posts 2 Registration date Monday February 17, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 17, 2014 - Feb 17, 2014 at 07:45 AM
 finally - Aug 16, 2014 at 09:44 PM
Hello,

I'm like a lot of you where I was hacked and I went through the process of submitting email addresses, topics of recent sent messages, folder names, etc. I was sent an email saying that my account was recovered and I also received a link to reset my password. I wanted to do the two-step verification (thinking it would protect me more) and it said it would take 30 days before I would be able to access my account.

It's been 32 days and I'm still not able to access my account.

Like others, I have everything on there. I have application forms for my son who is disabled, all the addresses for people that I've been dealing with for him...everything.....

What are other options for me at this point!?!?!?!?!?

I've also created a gmail account but I have nothing.

Thanks for your help!

Related:

7 responses

Hi Ambucias,

Would I use the password I had before my account was hacked?
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,172
Feb 17, 2014 at 09:09 AM
Hi Karen,

You mean after you recover your account? I would not. Try at least 8 characters with letters and numbers.

To access your Hotmail account through Outlook, nothing has changed.

Also, I suggest that you use this tool to verify if you have security leaks on your machine:

http://www.pcflank.com/pcflankleaktest.htm