Outlook 2010 not starting in normal mode, bt working in safemode

Closed
amit shelke Posts 2 Registration date Thursday March 14, 2013 Status Member Last seen April 18, 2013 - Mar 19, 2013 at 01:36 AM
captainashish Posts 20 Registration date Thursday May 12, 2016 Status Member Last seen November 28, 2016 - Sep 3, 2016 at 01:36 AM
Hello,

I m facing issue with outlook. my laptop is having w7 pro 64 bit & ms office home & business 2010. Outlook is not starting in normal mode, but I m able to use it in Safe mode.
i repair ost file + I repair office. also I took latest windows updates and office updates, but still its not opening in normal mode. Only re-installation of office remains, can anybody help me in this ??

Thanks,
Amit Shelke
Related:

4 responses

mariapeter Posts 11 Registration date Wednesday March 6, 2013 Status Member Last seen May 29, 2013 10
Mar 28, 2013 at 01:10 AM
Hello,

What is the exact error message you are receiving? Also have you tried scanning PST file? As several times corruption in PST file causes this issue. You can check this blog useful blog post : http://technology-assistant.blogspot.com/2013/02/errors-of-outlook-pst-file-and-their.html

Regards
Maria
mariapeter Posts 11 Registration date Wednesday March 6, 2013 Status Member Last seen May 29, 2013 10
Apr 16, 2013 at 06:29 AM
Hello,

Try some basic steps like check the size of your PST file as sometimes oversize or corruption issue may cause such behavior of Outlook. If this is the case then you should try to reduce the size of PST file or in case of corruption apply a repair tool for PST data restore. However, you could also try this method:
- Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\System
- Right click on MSMAPI folder and rename it.
Also you can check this document: http://www.scribd.com/doc/99790586/How-to-execute-Microsoft-Outlook-PST-File-Recovery-easily

Regards
Maria
amit shelke Posts 2 Registration date Thursday March 14, 2013 Status Member Last seen April 18, 2013
Apr 18, 2013 at 01:04 AM
Hi Maria,

Thanks a lot for your reply. let me try this, I will let you know.

Thanks,
Amit Shelke
captainashish Posts 20 Registration date Thursday May 12, 2016 Status Member Last seen November 28, 2016
Sep 3, 2016 at 01:36 AM
Whenever you face this issue in Outlook, there can be different reasons behind this. To resolve this issue, try the solution as mentioned as below:

Method1: Restore Navigation Pane Config file and delete the Navigation Pane settings

Open Run command and in the box, type outlook.exe/resetnavpane and click OK >> re-open the run command box and type "%appdata%\Microsoft\Outlook" to open the location of configuration file >> now find Outlook.xml from the folder and delete it. Once performed the above steps, restart your Outlook once.

Method2: If the problem still persist, then turn off the compatibility mode in Outlook.

Method3: If still the issue didn't resolved then last but not the least try to create a new Outlook profile.

Open your Control Panel >> click Mail >> click on Show Profiles >> click on Add >> Rename the new profile and click OK >> specify all details of logon, user and server information. >> click Next >> click on Finish to complete the procedure.