Black screen

Closed
Kiran Kumar Singh Posts 3 Registration date Thursday April 4, 2013 Status Member Last seen May 17, 2013 - Apr 5, 2013 at 01:58 AM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Apr 8, 2013 at 11:37 PM
Hi there,
My name is Kiran Kumar Singh. I faced a problem some days before. The problem is that I switched on my computer and there was everything fine. After sometime, I could not touch my computer around for 30 minutes as I was quiet busy with a phone call. After that I could see that it was of black screen just after ending my phone call so I moved my mouse here and there but the screen did not come and remained black as it is. So, I restarted the system once again and everything was fine after that. Please provide me with the solution of that so next time I won't need to restart forcefully. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Related:

3 responses

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Apr 5, 2013 at 02:32 AM
Hi Kiran Kumar Singh,

Please try the below mentioned steps and check if this fixes the problem.

1. Check in the BIOS Setup under "Power Management Settings". "Allowed sleep mode" should be selected as "S3" (Note: this feature is not available for all motherboards, if your computer's motherboard doesn't have this feature try the other steps mentioned below).
2. Click "Start", in the search box type "Power Options", click "Change when the computer sleeps", click "Change advanced power settings", expand "Sleep" change "Allow hybrid sleep" to "Off" and finally click "OK".
3. Click "Start", in the search box type "Device Manager" and hit Enter.
4. Expand "Mice and other pointing devices".
5. Right click the listed device and select "Properties".
6. Click "Power Management" tab.
7. Check the box "Allow this device to wake the computer".
8. Repeat steps 4-7 for keyboard also.

Note: these steps are for Windows 7 Operating System, the steps might vary if you are using any other version of Windows Operating System.

Do reply with results.

Kiran Kumar Singh Posts 3 Registration date Thursday April 4, 2013 Status Member Last seen May 17, 2013
Apr 6, 2013 at 06:39 AM
Hi Zohaib,

Good afternoon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I used the step 2 that you had provided to me and along with that I applied some procedures and now it is working fine. I am free of sleep mode problem now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Thank you!!!!!!!!!!

Could you give me some solution(s) why my "restart button" is not working as I am using desktop???Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!Best wishes!!!!!!!!!!!!
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Apr 8, 2013 at 11:37 PM
Hi Kiran Kumar Singh,

I am glad to know the issue has been fixed. As for the problem with the reset (restart) button, it could be a faulty button. I recommend replacing only the buttons on the system tower. You can find steps on replacing the power button and reset button from the Service Manual of the Motherboard or the Chassis.

Please revert for clarification.