Mmy computer won't let me choose a choice

Closed
Anonymous User - May 5, 2013 at 08:42 PM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - May 6, 2013 at 04:49 AM
Hello, my computer is an hp pavilion notebook and once i turn it on it makes continuous beeps for about 30 seconds and then it turns to a screen that gives me a choice of safe mode,safe mode with networking or either safe mode with command prompts. i tried entering a choice but i pressing enter just kept me on that screen. i don't know wat to do!!!! please help. it won't let me choose one

1 response

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
May 6, 2013 at 04:49 AM
Hi katt011,

From the description of the problem it seems the issue is with the computer not able to Boot to Windows. However, continuous beeps for 30 seconds might be an indicator of any hardware failure. Please try testing for hardware problems using "Hardware Diagnostic Tools". You can find steps on how to run "Hardware Diagnostic" from the below mentioned webpage:

https://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=c00849402

As your computer is not booting to Windows you might want to check the "Using Hardware Diagnostic Tools when Windows does not open" section on the above page. I have provided the generic link because in your post you have not provided the exact System Model Number of your HP Pavilion notebook. Please add the exact System Model Number of your HP Pavilion notebook in your reply.

Please do write back to us.