Keyboard

Closed
abelz01 Posts 2 Registration date Friday August 16, 2013 Status Member Last seen August 19, 2013 - Aug 16, 2013 at 06:10 PM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Aug 21, 2013 at 10:58 AM
Hello,
my cursor is functioning . I can put it on the screen where I want to type
but once there nothing types that I press on the keyboard . I was able to logoff
and back on but that was not the problem . hope someone can help . Thanks Ann
Related:

1 response

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Aug 21, 2013 at 10:58 AM
Hi Ann,

Please try the below mentioned steps and reply with results:

1. Using a mouse confirm all the Keyboard Accessibility Options are unchecked in the Accessibility Options applet in the Control Panel.
2. If the issue still persists run System Restore and restore the system to a previous state. Click here to find steps on how to perform System Restore.

The above two steps are very basic keyboard troubleshooting tips. As it is not clear from your post which type of computer (desktop, laptop, etc.) you are using and the type of keyboard (USB, PS2, etc.), I cannot suggest specific steps. If you cannot perform the above two steps or the above two steps don't fix the problem, please reply with the type computer, the type of keyboard and applications (for typing such as Word, notepad, etc.) that you are using.

Please do write back to us.