Laptop won't start no matter what option i choose

Closed
georgiak Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday December 17, 2013 Status Member Last seen December 17, 2013 - Dec 17, 2013 at 08:17 PM
wiggles123 Posts 3 Registration date Tuesday December 17, 2013 Status Member Last seen December 18, 2013 - Dec 18, 2013 at 02:29 AM
Hello, the other day i was on my windows 7 laptop and everything froze and i was forced to shut it down, i have been trying to turn my laptop on for days and its not working, all i get is the windows error recovery screen. if i choose the option of launch startup repair it takes me to a screen that saids "windows is loading files" from there i get a black screen that eventually turns into a what looks like a default windows background that is silver from there it does nothing and i am forced to restart the computer manually by pressing the power button.
if i choose the option to start windows normally it takes me to the windows starting up screen where it continues to seem to boot the computer up into starting, it stays on this screen for a while and then goes black and has a flash of a blue screen and then goes straits back to the windows error recovery screen where it gives me the same two options of launch startup repair or start windows normally.
i am wondering what i can do to fix this problem. i have been told to try F8 to access the advance boot options but no matter how many times i press it at any stage it does nothing. i was also told to try F12 which also did nothing and displayed nothing on the screen. i would really appreciate some help as i need my computer to do work.
thank you
Related:

1 response

wiggles123 Posts 3 Registration date Tuesday December 17, 2013 Status Member Last seen December 18, 2013
Dec 18, 2013 at 02:29 AM
Try pressing alt+F10 during booting