Dell Inspiron 15 N5010 beeps on startup continuously and wont sh

Solved/Closed
letsrock35 Posts 1 Registration date Thursday January 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen January 23, 2014 - Updated on Oct 16, 2017 at 06:18 AM
 Sal - Oct 4, 2017 at 08:58 AM
Hello,

I have a dell Inspiron 15 N5010 which is about 4 years old. It was working properly, but suddenly it went off and when I restarted it, there was nothing which appeared on screen, but there was a beep sound which went on until I turned my laptop off. Even the startup screen didnt appeared during this. The power button lights up, fan is running, but the screen is not coming up.

I have noticed one thing also, if I put it on for long time, so that it gains enough heat due to constatnt running and then I restart it, the screen will come. and after sometime, the screen distorts and after few seconds, the laptop screen turns black and the beep sound appears which start crying until I turn laptop off.

Thanks in advance for any help that is actually helpful.
Related:

4 responses

mjalil28 Posts 1 Registration date Friday May 6, 2016 Status Member Last seen May 6, 2016 3
May 6, 2016 at 06:52 AM
Hey
You must change bios battery to resolve this problem this is all Believe me ;-)
Blocked Profile
May 6, 2016 at 04:57 PM
In all of my years, I have never changed a cmos battery on a laptop! This is a laptop we are talking about, not a desktop. It is a CMOS battery that powers the BIOS, btw.
Thank you. I think I can do that myself. And the battery is cheaper than the labor charge.