-
Registration date
Sunday June 6, 2010
Status
Last seen
July 16, 2020
-
Hello,

Can sombody help me solve this mystery please? For a whole week I did not use my tower computer with windows XP Home edition as I was away. It was disconnected from the power mains. It was working fine.

Now after a week I connected the plugs to the electricity mains and when I switched on the pc, all fans including PSU are working but no beep sound is heard and there comes nothing on the monitor. I connected the monitor to another pc and it works fine.
Can someone help me please?

Thanks.

2 replies

Registration date
Sunday June 6, 2010
Status
Last seen
July 16, 2020

Hello,

Try this 1

If you notice that your CPU fan is running but there is no display in the screen,

then remove the RAM from the slot, clean it and place it back properly or try

another slot. Check your RAM also. Even bad RAM will result in display problem.

Good Luck
Registration date
Thursday November 11, 2010
Status
Contributor
Last seen
September 19, 2013

Thanks for your reply. I did as you told me but still no booting. The fan of cpu is running like all other fans. I removed the hard drive and copied all files on my laptop so it means that hard drive is working fine too. I put it back but still no beeps and nothing on the monitor. Only the power on of the monitor is seen.

thanks again.
Registration date
Sunday June 6, 2010
Status
Last seen
July 16, 2020

Hello,
Try this 1
Try resetting your BIOS settings.
Turn off your PC and remove the power chord --> Open the cabinet --> Remove the CMOS battery for 15-30 minutes and then put it back properly. Now plug the power cord back in and switch ON your PC.
Click on the below hyperlink "CMOS Battery" if you don't have any idea about the CMOS battery
CMOS Battery
If the problem still exist, click on the below link and follow the instructions in "Hardware Reset".
https://ccm.net/faq/1192-lost-bios-password-resetting-the-bios
Good Luck