Automate the sheet in order to calculate costs

Closed
Soj17 Posts 1 Registration date Saturday March 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen March 1, 2014 - Mar 1, 2014 at 04:23 PM
Mazzaropi Posts 1985 Registration date Monday August 16, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 24, 2023 - Mar 1, 2014 at 08:17 PM
I have an order sheet and 3 reference sheets. I would like to automate the sheet in order to calculate costs and for selling different types of products.

All the products have reference numbers and costs on one sheet. We also have production costs on another sheet. The production costs are categorized as (high, medium, low). Finally, the shipping costs based on quantities requested.

I would like to be able to:

1. Look up a product based on a product ref and have it return the cost based on that reference number entered into the order sheet.

2.Look up the product type requested and have it return the cost.

3. Enter the quantity of products and have it calculate the cost.

Please feel free to ask questions if you do not understand me.
Related:

1 response

Mazzaropi Posts 1985 Registration date Monday August 16, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 24, 2023 147
Mar 1, 2014 at 08:17 PM
soj17, Good evening.

At first I believe that you can answer your three mains questions using VLOOKUP or an INDEX + MATCH combination of functions.

It depends the layout of your spreadsheet.

Please, save your files at www.speedyshare.com and put a link to download here.

Put there at least one real example about what kind of data you have, and what is the expected result.