Refering to howdecrypt

Closed
ladypera Posts 1 Registration date Friday January 30, 2015 Status Member Last seen January 30, 2015 - Jan 30, 2015 at 06:23 PM
 ladypera - Feb 1, 2015 at 04:44 AM
I recently figured out what all those howdecrypt files are all about and wnat to stop my computer from making them. I went to the instruction that told me how to find the efs file however when i went it wasn't there. I couldn't find it inm a search either and my computer is full of them. I don't want to delete them becausse I don';t know what they are. Is there someway to unencrypt them so i can see what they are? Also stop the computer from doing it??? Please help although I am not extrememly computer literate so keep it as simple as possible for me please. Any help appreciated.

thanks in advance
ladypera
ps am running windows 7 vista on Toshiba

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jan 31, 2015 at 02:35 PM
I suggest you have someone wipe the system clean and install a fresh copy of Windows. Only an expert in virus removal can safely remove this virus.

Good Luck
Thank you for the reply however I don't have a virus my computer is clean. I recently had a new motherboard installed with the old hard drive because I didn't want windows 8 and I wanted to save my info. I have run vurus scans, malawarebytes, etc and I run ASC and it shows clean. It's and enigma lol. Thanks you for taking the time to reply.

ladypera
also, I forgot to mention that the technician that installed the new motherboard completely cleaned the hard drive of any virus etc.