HDD pass on my USB HDD, i can't see it in my win7 explorer.

Closed
Alex - Sep 10, 2015 at 02:27 AM
Computertech Posts 3569 Registration date Friday February 6, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 18, 2016 - Sep 14, 2015 at 03:04 AM
Hy, I can't see my second USB HDD in disk management (windows 7). It was in a DELL laptop, it have a HDD password with very-very important photos, files... I need this files, how can i recovery or see in win 7 explorer? Thanks!
I know the password, where can I give it for win7?

Many thanks.

Related:

3 responses

Computertech Posts 3569 Registration date Friday February 6, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 18, 2016 892
Sep 10, 2015 at 02:41 AM
It means External HDD with USB connection? Did you able to see it in BIOS?
If not try to change USB ports , also try it in another pc.
Hy, yes. It was a HDD in a DELL laptop with HDD password. The laptop has gone wrong, but i need the files from HDD... Windows7 doesn't shows the disk, but i can see it in BIOS, and windows can see (USB Device, but without volume).
Where can i add a HDD password in win7?

Thanks
Computertech Posts 3569 Registration date Friday February 6, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 18, 2016 892
Sep 14, 2015 at 03:04 AM
Data Recovery tools may help you retrieve data from a corrupt drive

Corrupt drives may appear as "Not Initialized", "Raw" or display "Unallocated" partitions
Don't write anything to the disk you're trying to recover. Writing to the drive may overwrite "lost" data
Do NOT install the data recovery tool onto the drive you want to recover
Don't confuse your good drive with the problem drive
Run the recovery tool first with all external drives disconnected. Note the internal drives it detects and displays
Now rerun the tool with problem drive connected so you can look for a new drive that showed up

Try--> https://www.easeus.com/data-recovery/drive-recovery-software/recover-not-recognized-external-hard-drive-data.htm
Sep 10, 2015 at 03:01 AM
You try to access it on another pc? What about in Disk management? It showed as No volume?(No partitions?)

Hy,

Disk Management showed it as a HDD without volumes. "You need this HDD initialization. Choose: MBR or GPT (GUID)." What can I do? Which is good for my HDD and for my data?
Western Digital 250GB SATA 5400rpm Firmware TO

Windows Explorer showed it External USB HDD Device without volumes ("No problem with this Device").

I need all of my data on this HDD, i know the HDD Password....

Thanks for your answer!

Alexander
Hungary