Laptop not turning on

Closed
TechAspire Posts 1 Registration date Friday September 11, 2015 Status Member Last seen September 11, 2015 - Sep 11, 2015 at 07:52 AM
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   - Sep 15, 2015 at 10:14 AM
Hello,
I have a Lenovo Thinkpad R61, its been on hibernation for almost 24 hours and.now.it won't turn on. Tried all the tricks like pulling the battery and power cord out and pressing the power button for 30-60 secs but still nothing, need urgent response pls, having my final exams on Monday and my whole project is saved on it. Thanks in advance :-)
Related:

1 response

KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122
Sep 15, 2015 at 10:14 AM
Hi TechAspire,

Hope your exam did pass well. :) Are you still having problems with your laptop screen? The first thing that comes up in my mind is to plug an HDMI or VGA cable and to connect your laptop to an external monitor or TV. If you can see an image on external display, but not on the laptop display, I guess the problem might be found within the screen itself.
If you can't see a thing on an external display, but your laptop is still working just not showing anything, then the problem that you have may be due to the failure of the video chip. Sometimes, after much of a use and less cooling the graphics processor which is responsible for video signal transmission gets unsoldered, the thermic paste goes away and it gets unsoldered, therefore the screen doesn't show anything. If you possess knowledge of notebooks' hardware you can change the paste yourself by opening the laptop and check if the chipset that is next to the processor has got unsoldered or you can bring your laptop to a technician to get it soldered again.

Hope that I helped.