- Gateway laptop won't turn on
- Gateway laptop screen black - Best answers
- Gateway laptop turns on but screen is black - Best answers
- How to reset a gateway laptop without turning it on ✓ - Forum - Windows
- Gateway laptop black screen - How-To - Monitor
- Gateway laptop factory reset - How-To - Laptop computer
- Gateway notebook will not turn on ✓ - Forum - Hardware
- Factory reset Gateway Laptop ✓ - Forum - Laptop
The exact same thing happened to my computer. I read on another site that you should turn off your computer and unplug it. Then turn it back on and make sure you press Fn and F6 at the same time as your computer is starting up. It worked for me!
I have found that this happens when the memory chips come loose in their sockets. Try removing them completely and then placing them back in.
This is so crazy that all of us are experiencing the same problems... Mine is a little more complex tho.... I broke the screen to my Gateway so I gave it to a friend to replace. He is actually licenced through them to fix there computers or something like that. I got it back only to find out that after turning it on nothing happens... The LED light comes on and I can hear the fan going but nothing happens.
I had the same issue on my gate way computer for a while I didn't do anything for a while then one day I took it to a local computer store and when I showed them it, it just started working all right. So I lucked out there but couple months down the road it did the same thing and I am stuck with the same problem again. It looks like the computer works after a long time but then does the same thing again. I am running out of options as to what I want to do either get a new motherboard or just get a new laptop.