Pre-installed programs were deleted after formatting

Closed
Jo - Oct 1, 2015 at 12:26 PM
BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen September 30, 2021 - Oct 1, 2015 at 01:37 PM
Hello, my pre-installed vaio programs were all gone after formatting. Will I still be able to recover it? The Vaio Gate, Vaio Care, Vaio Control, Vaio Recovery and such .. help me please. Thankyou! ;)

1 response

BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen September 30, 2021 150
Oct 1, 2015 at 01:37 PM
Hi Jo,

You might be lucky as long as you didnt format the whole drive. Look at the documentation for your laptop and see how to get to the recovery console (I believe it is by hitting the [F10] key immediately after powering the machine on - but I could be wrong) and then follow the instructions.

Of cause, as soon as you opened the box, you should have made some recovery disks (or more commonly in todays world a recovery USB stick) to enable recovery.

The final way to do this would be to write to Sony and ask for recovery media, but this will cost money.

My final comment would be that (in my opinion) it would be better to just install a fresh copy of Windows (or other operating system) and install the programs you need rather than instyall a lot of 'bloatware' that normally comes with a new machine. If you find you desperately need some manufacturers software that came with the machine, then this can often be downloaded from the manufacturers web site and installed on a fresh Windows install.