Windows Xp is dead...help!!!

Closed
sempai - Apr 6, 2009 at 10:33 PM
 sempai - Apr 8, 2009 at 01:24 AM
I need help now! im nt that good with computers, but my windows XP is acting up...First it doesnt work with my TV monitor unless in safe mode. itt would oterwise say on the monitor "not supported format". that i understand, but it would only show up on the screen at the login screen if in Safe mode. Now its all mssed up almost everything. When i try to start it up, it rarely works, and will just freeze, if i can even see the screen. the keyboard won't ight up sometimes... (this is all before i get to the boot selection)
safe mode, when i was able to select it earlier, was at all the list of stuff it was checking before it bots completely, and then all of a sudden gave me a blue screen with an error message...earlier it would always freeze at a certain line...but heres what the screen said

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again (I couldnt even get that far afterwards), follow these steps:

Run a System diagnostic utility supplied by your hardware manufacturer. In particular, run a emory check, and check for fautly or mismatched memory. Try changing Video adapters.

Disable or remove any newly installed hardware and drivers. Disable or remove any newly installed software. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then select Safe mode.

Technical Information:
STOP: 0x0000007F (0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)
Related:

1 response

Also, i was using a heavy wire by accident...
oh yeah almost forgot to mention this. Now, when it gets past that very beginning status bar, it says this:

We apologize for the inconvience, but Windows did not start successfully. A
recent hardware or software change might have caused this.

If your computer stopped responding, restarted unexpectedly, or was
automatically shut down to protect your files and folders, choose Last Know Good Configuration to revert to the most recent settings that worked.

If a previous startup attempt was interrupted due to a power failure or because the Power or Reset button was pressed, or if you aren'y sure what caused the problem, choose Start Windows Normally.
Yes, it froze up here just now....
ugh, nvm i figured it out by myslef. i have a VGA different from the old kind, which strangely work...now im stuck with a dead computer, as though the vga now works (albeit crappy graphics) it turns out that my compter is dead...im gonna see my extra harddiscs. thx for not helping me...