Lenovo yoga 3 won't turn on [Solved]

Ask a question stuck college kid - Latest answer on Sep 12, 2016 03:42AM
Hello,
I'vehad my lenovo yoga 3 for maybe 3 months and this is the second time it's suddenly turned off. My friend pressed the power button a couple times last time and magically worked but he doesnt know exactly what he did. I can't figure out how to take the battery out to try that way and the power button isn't doing anything. What do I do?
See more 
Helpful
+7
moins plus
Hi College Kid,

Have you tried holding the power button for 10 seconds? These models may require opening the laptop in order to remove the battery, which may void your warranty. I strongly recommend you to contact the reseller and ask for some guidance.

Hope this helps

KB- Mar 21, 2016 10:48AM
I did this today and it worked.

Thanks much
Kermit- May 2, 2016 01:30AM
Thank you so much!!
JMC54- Jun 13, 2016 06:32PM
Worked for me, thanks for the help.
Add comment
Helpful
+4
moins plus
Had the same problem on my Lenova Yoga 3 13inches. I held the power button for 10 seconds and the laptop powered off I turned it on again and it worked.

When restarted it said it was applying the updates so believe the issue was caused by Windows update.

Not impressed at all with the machine. Lenova shame on you I
help me- Jul 4, 2016 01:43AM
I tried that and it doesn't work. It sparks a light and does nothing else. Please help. I recently got it back from being fixed and Idk why it just won't turn on
1Nursing Student- Jul 12, 2016 07:22PM
It did the same for me...held the power in for about 1t seconds, let it go, tapped it and the machine came back on saying it was updating Windows. Thanks for the info cause I was freaked out! Especially cause I was in the middle of a discussion question for class.
Kim3663- Aug 19, 2016 09:39PM
This just happened to me - suddenly turned off, wouldn't turn back on. But holding the on button in for 10 seconds worked! I thought it had completely died and was about to make a warranty claim until I tried this! Thank you!!!!!
Add comment
Helpful
+0
moins plus
For professional's only. If your screen isn't turning on, but your power button light is on and your keyboard light. There's an easy fix for it. With mine there's a bug in the power management program. So I took my computer apart and disconnected my battery for a minute. After that my screen worked. It resets the power management program. BEFORE you do this, check the F9 key, F12 key and also try connecting it to a separate monitor(if the monitor works, it's your back light on the laptop). Also try holding the power button for 10 to 20 seconds. ... If none of these fix's work it might be your video card.

I'm going to write Lenovo about sending out an update to fix this issue. Beware, taking apart your laptop voids your warranty.
loz- Sep 11, 2016 03:03PM
I have the same problem! Tried holding the power button for so long but nothing happens and no light to show the chargers connected. I've only had it for 2 days and I'm really upset and worried!
R2D2_WD 2846Posts Monday September 1, 2014Registration date Certified CCM ContributorStatus September 28, 2016 Last seen - Sep 12, 2016 03:42AM
Hi loz,

If holding the power button does not help you, you may need to contact the seller. If your PC is a new one, you should be able to use the warranty. I wouldn’t advise you to try opening the laptop and fixing it by yourself. If you have another charger, try using it. If it is not working, there may be a serious problem which requires professional assistance.

Hope this helps
Add comment
Helpful
+0
moins plus
Try this

1. Remove the battery and cable.

2. Press and hold the power button for 58 seconds.

3. Replug and start.

Good luck
Add comment

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!