Pen drive can not be opened

Closed
Manoj - Nov 23, 2015 at 02:12 AM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Nov 23, 2015 at 03:40 AM
Hello,

Sir, I am using a Transcend 4 GB pen drive.when I connect my pen drive to any computer it appears as removable disk(H:) inside my computer folder and its icon at the bottom right corner of monitor screen.when I try to open it message comes as insert a disk or disk is empty.Please help me to recover my data.
Regards,Manoj
Related:

2 responses

Computertech Posts 3569 Registration date Friday February 6, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 18, 2016 892
Nov 23, 2015 at 02:35 AM
Hello,

Try this 1

Check if the files are not in hidden mode.

Click on "Start" -->Run --> Type cmd and press Enter.

Here I assume your pendrive drive letter as G:

Enter this command.

attrib -h -r -s /s /d g:\*.* --> Press Enter

You can copy the above command --> Right-click in the Command Prompt and

paste it.

Note : Replace the letter g with your pen drive letter.

Now check your pen drive for the files.

Good Luck
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Nov 23, 2015 at 03:40 AM
Hi Manoj,

Basically, right now it is not possible to access the drive? There may be some file corruption or drive failure. I hope you will resolve this with what Computertech suggested, but if the issue persists, please check if the drive is correctly listed in Disk Management. You may also try using the command
chkdsk D: /f from the Command Prompt, where you should replace D with your pen drive's letter. If the information on the drive is important, try using a data recovery tool. If you recover all the important data, format the drive.

Hope this helps