Internet not working after factory reboot?

Closed
jamieoneill555 Posts 1 Registration date Monday November 30, 2015 Status Member Last seen November 30, 2015 - Nov 30, 2015 at 03:09 PM
 Blocked Profile - Nov 30, 2015 at 06:56 PM
Couldn't connect to wi-fi at home one day, several days of troubleshooting with nothing working ultimately ending up in me doing a full factory reboot. still can't connect to home wi-fi, but can connect to mobile hotspot and public wi-fi. Three other devices in the house can connect to wi-fi no problem. been trying for days with every fix i can find on the internet; system restore, proxy settings, flush DNS, updating drivers, internet settings rest, factory reboot..... Don't understand how factory reboot didn't solve the problem! anyone any ideas???? Troubleshooting the connection either gives me "the DNS serves isn't responding" or sometimes "the remote device or resource won't accept the connection"
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Nov 30, 2015 at 06:56 PM
OK, so you restarted what OS? Did you get all of the updates after you restated it back to a 2012 computer? More than likely your PC is no longer secured. Apply updates ASAP!