Repair keys of toshiba sattelite c55-b867

Closed
shafiullah khan - Dec 5, 2015 at 01:36 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Dec 5, 2015 at 05:24 PM
Hello,
please some one tell me about the windows repair keys of toshiba sattelite c55-b867
i am so depress about my laptop i want to restore to factory settings. my laptop window is 8.1 pro :(

Related:

2 responses

BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen September 30, 2021 150
Dec 5, 2015 at 02:47 PM
Hi shafiallah,

Ideally you will have made some recovery media when you first had your PC. If you did put the media in the drive and boot the machine from that media.

If you didnt all is not lost unless you have already reformatted your hard drive and installed a new operating system.

If you havent done either of these it might still be possible to create the recovery media. You need to hunt the start menu for the Toshiba tools that help you to make the disks.

If none of the above is possible try the following ...

Most Toshiba laptops come with the factory software recovery image stored in a hidden area on the hard disk. From this image, you can restore your computer to its factory condition by following these steps:

1- Make sure the computer is turned off ("Shut-down" from the Windows Start menu)
2- Remove any peripherals such an external mouse, keyboard, monitor, USB flash drive etc.
3- Make sure the AC Adapter is plugged in and working.
4- Press and hold down the 0 (zero) key on the keyboard while powering on the computer. Release it when the recovery warning screen appears.
5- A warning screen appears, stating that when the recovery is executed all data will be deleted and rewritten.
6- Click Yes to continue.
7- When the Toshiba Recovery Wizard opens select "Recovery of Factory Software" or the appropriate option for your needs.
8- Continue to follow the directions restarting as necessary

Good luck. Let me know how you get on.
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Dec 5, 2015 at 05:24 PM
Hello shafiullah and Brian,

Do you wish to repair keyboard key?

Restoring to factory settings may not help but a good cleaning job may.