Delete files permanently

Closed
manzsher Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday December 22, 2015 Status Member Last seen December 22, 2015 - Dec 22, 2015 at 02:00 AM
 manzsher - Dec 23, 2015 at 08:28 AM
hi,
would be great if some one let me know how i can permanently delete certain files
in my hard drive. thanks.

1 response

Boogieman_WD Posts 275 Registration date Friday October 10, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 19, 2016   37
Dec 23, 2015 at 03:00 AM
Hey there, manzsher.

For specific files and/or folders, this can only be done with the help of 3rd party software. Search the web for software, which permanently erases files. I'm sure that quite a few options will pop-up.

On the other hand, if at some point you decide you want to do that with the entire drive for example, you should go for a low level format (a.k.a. Write Zeros). This basically writes a "blank" (or a 0 on each sector of the drive) thus making it impossible to recover any of the data that was there. You can either do that by using DISKPART or a 3rd party program (most of the HDD diagnostic tools have the option for low level format).

Hope that helps.
Boogieman_WD

WD Representative
thanx boogleman,
but plz guide me how can i delete the unwanted recovered files from hard disk? the recoverer program can't wipe them.