Instagram is a great way to stay up-to-date with friends and family, but sometimes you may want to take a break or detox completely from social media. In this guide we will show you how to delete your Instagram account.
Deleting your Instagram account is irreversible, meaning that you will lose all of your photos and information. This is why the social media site provides you with the option to temporarily disable your account so that you may restore it at a later date. To permanently delete your Instagram account, rather than simply disabling your account, go to Instagram's "Delete your account" page on the web. If you're not already logged in, you will be prompted to do so.
- Select from the drop-down menu next to Why are you deleting your account? your reason for deleting:
- Re-enter your password, and click or tap Permanently delete my account.
For security reasons, Instagram isn't allowed to delete your account for you and you therefore need to be logged into your Instagram account to do so. If the reason why you'd like to delete your account is because you've forgotten your login information you can reset your Instagram password. If for whatever reason you no longer have access to the mobile number or email address associated to your Instagram account, then there isn't really much you can do. Your Instagram account will remain inactive and inaccessible if you cannot recover your password.
You cannot delete your Instagram account through the Instagram app on your mobile device, instead you will need to login to Instagram on your mobile browser and follow all of the steps as desc
ribed above. These steps should also work if you are looking for how to delete Instagram account on iPhone, and not simply Android devices. If you only want to remove the distraction of Instagram temporarily then you can remove the Instagram app from your mobile, but still keep your Instagram account active.
If you temporarily disable your account, you can recover your profile and your previous posts by reactivating it. However, if you have chosen to permanently delete your Instagram account, you will not be able to recover it. In order to regain access to the Instagram app, you will need to recreate an account. If you are unsure if you want to keep your account active or not, consider temporarily disabling it instead of deleting it.
Instagram has recently introduced an archive option that allows you to hide your images; Instagram stores them in-app so that you don't have to worry about deleting them and losing the comments and likes that it had. If you would like to recover these images, head to the Archive section in your Instagram app (the clock in the top-left corner of the screen), and select the image that you would like to recover:
Then, press Show on Profile:
If you have actually deleted an image from the app but have not disabled Instagram's automatic saving feature, you should be able to locate the image in your Camera Roll or in your chosen folder. Should you use Instagram on a laptop, you can always download your images as you go along using this tutorial, so you never lose them. If you don't have instagram on your computer, you can always download Instagram for PC.
- How To Unlink an Account from Instagram
- Delete fake Facebook account [solved] > Forum - Facebook
- How to recover an Instagram account?
- Instagram account deletion [solved] > Forum - Instagram
- I need to close a Fake Instagram account > Forum - Instagram
- Instagram promotions: not working, disabled, 2021
- Unlink a Facebook account from Instagram
- Finsta account: meaning, ideas, celebrities
- How to connect Facebook and Instagram business accounts.
- Disable Instagram account: temporarily, on PC, mobile
- Instagram account disabled: appeal, recovery, request review
- How to use Instagram Reels: filter, effect, audio, android
- How to view Instagram live on PC
- Best Instagram Story apps: 2021, free, for iPhone
- 10 tips on becoming an Instagram Influencer
- Instagram blue badge: requirements, verification, free
- Instagram fonts: generator, for bio, 2021, free
- How to contact Instagram support: directly, email, number
- See who viewed your Instagram: story, profile, post
- Enable dark mode on Instagram: iPhone, PC, Android
- Download Instagram videos: online, story, reels, MP4
- How to take good Instagram photos: tips and tricks
- Download Instagram photos: online, Chrome, bulk, free
- Create a story on Instagram: with music, on PC, with photos
- Download Instagram app: for PC, for Mac, for free
- Change Instagram profile picture: on app, without posting
- Create IGTV: video, Instagram, account, channel
- Repost Instagram Stories: app, to your story, not working
- Link Instagram to Facebook: account, business, page
- Block Instagram tags: captions, comments, stories
- Download Instagram Stories: app, Chrome extension
- Make money on Instagram: without selling anything
- Pin comment on Instagram: post, live, story
- How to create Instagram filters with Spark AR Studio
- Clear suggestions on Instagram: users, pages, searches
- Create an Instagram Business account: on pc, from Facebook
- Instagram Close Friends: list, share story, post
- Instagram algorithim: 2021, change, for reels, posts
- Select a phone's default camera on Instagram
- Create Instagram account: without phone number, on PC
- Increase followers on Instagram: free, organically, tricks
- Upload high quality photos to Instagram: from iPhone, PC
- How to view hidden Instagram Stories anonymously
- Reset Instagram password: without email, using Facebook
- Post multiple pictures on Instagram: story, from PC, post
- Instagram message request: guide, disappeared, 2021