Disk Space lost

Closed
kay23 Posts 1 Registration date Sunday April 3, 2016 Status Member Last seen April 3, 2016 - Apr 3, 2016 at 10:23 AM
Boogieman_WD Posts 275 Registration date Friday October 10, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 19, 2016   - Apr 4, 2016 at 09:08 AM
Hi,
I had a C: 280gb (primary, ntfs) and D: 320 gb (logical, ntfs) i decided to merge the 2 partitions, but it was not happening in Disk Management (Windows 7) so i downloaded AOMEI Partition Assistant and took a backup of the D: and deleted the partition and when is showed as additional space i merged it with the C: at the same time since the deleted partition showed as unformated so i selected the option to format it to ntfs

Now the problem is after rebooting. The effect took place and i can only see the C: with 280gb and no other drive. i checked in the Disk management also but the space has just disappeared. How can i get the space back? Please help.
Related:

1 response

Boogieman_WD Posts 275 Registration date Friday October 10, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 19, 2016   37
Apr 4, 2016 at 09:08 AM
Hey there, kay23.

I'm really confused by this "i checked in the Disk management also but the space has just disappeared". You don't see anything in Disk Management besides a single 280GB partition? Would you please post a screenshot of what you see in DM? You should also check the drive's capacity in your BIOS.

Ultimately low level formatting the drive should fix things up, but this level of format will wipe out everything. You won't be able to recover any files and you'd have to make a fresh install of Windows.

For now I'd recommend that you refrain from low level formatting the drive and just go ahead an post a screenshot of Disk Management.

Hope that helps.
Boogieman_WD