Can not find my bluetooth on Acer Laptop.

Closed
Kimbob - Jul 23, 2016 at 04:21 PM
Helper.NeedHelp Posts 253 Registration date Saturday July 23, 2016 Status Member Last seen August 22, 2022 - Jul 25, 2016 at 01:51 AM
Hello,
I am hoping anyone can help me. I own a Acer TravelMate 8572 running Windows 10. When I bought it I thought it had Bluetooth but at the time was not using it. Now I would like to hook up a Bluetooth speaker to it. I go to the Devices Manager to do that but it does not show 'blue tooth' anything. When I go to Settings-->Devices I am given the options of: Printers & Scanners, Connected devices, Mouse & touchpad, Typing, Autoplay. I had a tech from my local WiFI company here yesterday because my router was having trouble connecting to my laptop and somehow HE found the Bluetooth. I turned it on and my Bluetooth was working. Now, new day turn my laptop on and no Bluetooth although it does say 'paired' when I go to the Action Center on the right side of Windows 10. When I click on 'Connect' it shows my speaker, I tell it to connect and it tells me it failed. Yes, the speaker is on and searching. How can I find and fix my 'blue tooth' problem?

Related:

2 responses

Helper.NeedHelp Posts 253 Registration date Saturday July 23, 2016 Status Member Last seen August 22, 2022 5
Jul 24, 2016 at 02:52 AM
In search bar just type Bluetooth and you will find it...

Did you try unpairing and pairing again
Have used the Search bar to look for 'Bluetooth' and 'blue tooth' and for just 'blue' I get the Settings -->Devices (and it does say Bluetooth, printers, mouse) and I click on it. I am then given the following options:& scanners, Connected devices, Mouse & touchpad, Typing and Autoplay. I have gone to each of those options and no where is 'Bluetooth' to be had. I have gone to Device Manager and have gone through everything there again no 'Bluetooth.' Is there not something that allows me to scan for the Bluetooth?
Helper.NeedHelp Posts 253 Registration date Saturday July 23, 2016 Status Member Last seen August 22, 2022 5
Jul 25, 2016 at 01:49 AM
I know that bluetooth is supposed to be there
Jul 25, 2016 at 01:51 AM
Or you don't have it? maybe you connected your speakers via. wifi