Ask a question Report

Dvd-r wont play in dvd player [Solved/Closed]

nzle - Latest answer on Feb 28, 2015 11:27AM
Hello,
I was wondering my brother in law just had a wedding and it was video taped. I took the memory card from the camcorder and put it on my computer then put them on the dvd-r. The dvd-r won't play as a dvd but will play on my computer. Also it wont play in my dvd player or playstation. I have burned movies on dvd-r's and they play fine but the wedding stuff won't play. Please help me out.
Read more 
Answer
+61
moins plus
I had a similar issue of not being able to play the DVD+R on a regular dvd player. I had to go to the menu and manually finalize it.

Answer
+20
moins plus
WHAT IS THE SOLUTION? thanks. I don't have time to buy another disc. It is DVD-R, I burned an AVI video on it. and it does not play on our dvd player.

Answer
+8
moins plus
download dvd flix. Its free and it finalizes it for you. It takes like two and a half hours but its worth the wait. You get it off of dvdflix.net

Answer
+6
moins plus
hi,
this is because the DVD player cannot play the format in which the DVD was burned.
create a data disk, this will be regognised by your player.

nzle- May 1, 2009 11:46AM
Yes I burned it as a data disk that's why I think it wont play but it wont let me burn it as video
pandabear- Dec 20, 2009 10:50PM
hi i have just bought dvd -r cds and i burned the movie ok but it wouldnt play in my playstation nor dvd player and so i downloaded this program called avs video converter which setting should i put it on for it to work on my dvd player theres: to avi, to dvd, to mp4, to mpeg, to wmv, to flash, to mov, to 3gp, to blu ray then the last options are too edit, menu, and about
tera- Jun 13, 2011 08:06PM
you have to download the file to a dvd+r disk because dvd-r dont play on many players, use dvd flick , it will encode it for you aswell
Answer
+5
moins plus
I had same problems MP4 is what to Dl to DVD-R

Answer
+3
moins plus
I also had this kind problem when first began burning movies, whats most important is the program you rurn with...i have used dvd flick (sux many skips in movies) you shud use ConvertX to DVD5 (i then burn disk with Img Burn) tho takes sum tyme to convert ur video file but shorter then dvd flick it 2takes plus hrs compare to little over an hour ie.. avi,mpegs any format into a video format thats playable on dvds players i have used both dvd+r and dvd-r have both wrked for me so hope this helps.
Im rather new to this and not a computer wize but after many fails i do not get them Anymore!!

BBIphone6- Feb 28, 2015 11:27AM
whu r you people making a fire and burning yur dvds don't they cost money
Answer
+2
moins plus
i want run play stetion cd on my pc wath name of softwear

This document entitled « dvd-r wont play in dvd player » from CCM (ccm.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.