Set up automatic email after file is updated?

Closed
kmo123 Posts 2 Registration date Monday October 24, 2016 Status Member Last seen October 24, 2016 - Oct 24, 2016 at 03:44 PM
 Blocked Profile - Oct 26, 2016 at 05:04 PM
I have no code writing experience what so ever so I apologize upfront about my ignorance regarding VBA. Just wanted to see if someone could help me out.

So, at my office we have a new document that I have been tasked with creating that outlines who/what a client does and any updates we have with them. I wanted to create a command that when the file is updated and saved on the drive, the user that makes the changes is prompted with the ability to send an email stating what they changed in the file (message body) to a specified user group.

I have found code that would do this from this site (but for word 2013 or earlier), but as a complete novice I have no way in knowing how to accurately implementing and making the above changes.

Let me know if anyone could help

cheers
Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Oct 24, 2016 at 05:06 PM
Sign up for google docs, and administer the setting of the file to email once it has been updated!
kmo123 Posts 2 Registration date Monday October 24, 2016 Status Member Last seen October 24, 2016
Oct 24, 2016 at 05:54 PM
Well the issue is there is a lot of special formatting in the document...which I know google docs is unable to do
Blocked Profile
Oct 26, 2016 at 05:04 PM
A mail object from an EXCEl sheet is a pain in the rump to deploy, and most organizations won't allow it. Where are you stuck? Post some code and I will attempt to help.