Laptop not turning on

Closed
naitro - Feb 1, 2017 at 01:00 PM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Feb 2, 2017 at 06:40 AM
Hello,

i have had a gateway notebook for some years now. it now does not charge the battery and the power and charging light start ti blink when i connect the power supply and even after i have removed it. the notebook does not even turn no with the ac power supply only any more. i have tryed other power supplies and i still have the same results. i even open up the note book and did a physical examination of the components and all checked out fine.

Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Feb 2, 2017 at 06:40 AM
Hi naitro,

It seems your laptop has some power related problems. These are hard to spot, but sometimes are easy to repair. You should seek assistance from a technician. Check the power port. Sometimes ports get damaged and the PC cannot receive power. In that case you may need to have the port changed. Another option is to be facing a motherboard issue.

Hope this helps