Database copy only certain information

Closed
Jammzyz - Mar 7, 2017 at 12:45 AM
vcoolio Posts 1404 Registration date Thursday July 24, 2014 Status Moderator Last seen September 15, 2023 - Mar 9, 2017 at 04:55 AM
Hello,

I currently have a table with data containing peoples information for a sports program, I would like it if I put "Yes" in the coloumn for the day they are going that their information appear on a separate sheet for that day. So basically I have attendance lists as sheets for people just attending on the day they are going.

Thanks in advance!
Related:

3 responses

vcoolio Posts 1404 Registration date Thursday July 24, 2014 Status Moderator Last seen September 15, 2023 259
Mar 7, 2017 at 01:13 AM
Hello Jammzyz,

Your query is similar to the one posted by Amanda08 a short time ago here:-

https://ccm.net/forum/affich-968096-automatically-transfer-rows-from-1-sheet-to-another-using-a-comm

although I assume that you would have a number of sheets entitled Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday etc. to which you would like the data transferred to. Is this correct?

If so, we can adjust the code from the other thread to suit your needs.

Let us know your thoughts.

Cheerio,
vcoolio.
Thank for your response! Much appreciated, I had a look at that code it works however I only need it to copy not move the information and also would I need a button for each day?

I'll link you to what I have so far, basically information is entered into the "data" sheet which then relevant information appears in the "overview" sheet, I just need the row from the overview sheet to move to the relevant day they are attending.

Hopefully this makes sense!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1vlpypw3zygigei/Holiday%20Program%20Registrations%20Example.xlsx?dl=0

Thanks again!
vcoolio Posts 1404 Registration date Thursday July 24, 2014 Status Moderator Last seen September 15, 2023 259
Mar 9, 2017 at 04:55 AM
Hello Jammzyz,

I don't see a "Data" sheet but I assume that you mean the "Details" sheet.

Where do you intend to place the criteria "Yes" as per your opening post? You won't be able to place it in any of the day columns as each cell in those columns has a formula which will be overwritten by the "Yes" criteria. Hence you will lose the formulae.

Please advise.

Cheerio,
vcoolio.