Programs written in Visual Basic 6.0 can access Microsoft Access 2003 databases. Knowledge of programming elements, such as functions and loops, and knowledge of databases and SQL is required to write effective code in Microsoft Visual Basic to connect to Microsoft Access 2003 databases. The ADODB object can create a connection to Microsoft Access 2003 databases.
The database records can be accessed with the ADODB.recordset API. The Open() interface is used to create and access the records of the Microsoft Access 2003 database. SQL may be used to perform operations such as searching the database for matching information.
To connect VB6 to MS Access 2003:
- In the general declaration area past this:
Dim cn As New ADODB.Connection Dim rs As New ADODB.Recordset (in Form's Activate Event) cn.ConnectionString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=EMP.mdb;Persist Security Info=False" cn.Open rs.Open "select Eid,Ename,ppfSub,Basic From EmpData Order By Eid", cn, adOpenStatic, adLockPessimistic Text1.text=rs.Fields(0) etc
- Vb6 access database connection example
- Microsoft access free download > Download - Databases
- Railway wi-fi connection > Guide
- Access and downloading > Facebook Forum
- My facebook account is unable to access i need my account > Facebook Forum
- Borland Database Engine > Download - Databases