Black Screen on start up

Ask a question jyahn 4Posts Tuesday May 9, 2017Registration date May 12, 2017 Last seen - Last answered on May 12, 2017 at 12:02 PM by jyahn
This problem happens every time that I have to reset or shut down my pc. It will show absolutely nothing but the lights on my mouse and keyboard turn on so I know it is getting power there is just no display. Whenever I hit the power button it instantly turns off as well. The weird thing is if I keep turning it on and off over and over, eventually it will turn on and show a display. It will then stay on and run perfectly until I either reset my computer or shut it down. This problem started to occur after a storm knocked my power out and since everything works some of the time I am figuring it may be a power supply problem but I wanted to get other peoples advice before buying anything without narrowing it down first.

Ram 16 GB
processor Intel Core i7-4770K cpu@ 3.5 GHz
Graphics x2 Nvidia 770
Power supply 850 watt

All help appreciated and thank you for your time.
Helpful
+0
plus moins
well, get it to boot, and run:
sfc /scannow

Then after that runs and fixes stuff, run chkdsk /r and reboot!
Leave a comment
Helpful
+0
plus moins
Unfortunately it didn't work. It took me about 100+ tries to get it to turn back on. It seems weird that when it turns on it works perfectly fine. It almost seems that it isn't getting through the BIOS.
ac3mark 8034Posts Monday June 3, 2013Registration date ModeratorStatus October 23, 2017 Last seen - May 10, 2017 at 03:45 PM
How long did the scan take to finish? What result did you get from the scan? did the check disk find any errors?
jyahn 4Posts Tuesday May 9, 2017Registration date May 12, 2017 Last seen - May 12, 2017 at 11:55 AM
It didn't seem to find an error or even run. It turned the scan on, and seemed like it flashed on and off, pretty much disappeared as fast as it came up.
jyahn 4Posts Tuesday May 9, 2017Registration date May 12, 2017 Last seen - May 12, 2017 at 12:02 PM
I'll run it in the command prompt instead of the run line this time. I'll let you know how it goes.
Leave a comment

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?