DVD rom not playing discs

Ask a question precious_me1A 3Posts Thursday June 15, 2017Registration date June 15, 2017 Last seen - Last answered on Jun 15, 2017 at 05:35 PM by precious_me1A
pls my dvd rom on my lenovo g400 just spins the disc and stops. it doesn't read it ive tried everything pls i need a solution. thanks
Helpful
+0
plus moins
Please explain what you mean that you have tried everything otherwise we may waste your time and our repeating things that you have already tried.
precious_me1A 3Posts Thursday June 15, 2017Registration date June 15, 2017 Last seen - Jun 15, 2017 at 05:18 PM
ive checked for registry error, cleaned the lens, tried to update the driver, uninstalled the driver, cleaned the disks, tried new and empty discs but they are all not working. but just this afternoon it picked a disk and i was able to install the disk setup but when i tried it again, this evening, it didnt pick again.
Leave a comment
Helpful
+0
plus moins
Hi Precious,

Thanks for the info. Indeed you have tried everything. Surprising when this afternoon's event where one disk was read.

If the same thing would happen to me, since the disks spin but are not read, I would concentrate on the lens and the drivers. Make sure you have the driver from the manufacturer's website. Clean the lens with a soft lint free cloth, nothing else.

Hardware does wear out, it seems to have a limited life time. If it still fails, I would then consult a technician or replace it.

Good luck
precious_me1A 3Posts Thursday June 15, 2017Registration date June 15, 2017 Last seen - Jun 15, 2017 at 05:35 PM
kk thanks a lot
Leave a comment

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?