Debian change language: to English, command
To change the language settings of the Debian operating system, you must first run the su command and get root permissions (admin).
To change Debian language:
- Run the apt-get install language-pack-xx command (where xx is the name of the language pack) to download and install the language pack of your choice and then dpkg-reconfigure locales.
- A window will ask you to select the language you want to use for the distribution (for example EN for English, FR for French, DE for German etc)
- Make your selection and confirm.
- After completing these steps, simply reboot your system to apply the new settings.
Need more help with Linux? Check out our Forum!
Around the same subject
- Debian install language pack
- Change language debian
- Debian add language
- "Winamp language pack" > Guide
- Debian no_pubkey > Guide
- DriverPack Solution > Download - Cleaning and optimization
- Utorrent language pack > Guide
- How to install tar.gz in Ubuntu Linux: terminal, command > Guide