In the rapidly evolving social media landscape, a new phenomenon has emerged - AI Influencers. These virtual characters, created through generative AI, are changing the Influencer landscape. In this article will look at what defines an AI Influencer, how they work and how to create one.
What is an AI influencer?
An AI influencer is a digital persona or character that has been fully created using artificial intelligence to engage and interact with online audiences. AI influencers are computer generated and can be programmed to simulate human-like behaviour. Think Anna de Armas' holographic AI character, JOI, in Blade Runner 2049, but in a non holographic form.
Why use an AI influencer?
AI influencers can be designed with specific prompts, such as styles, personalities and specific traits that appeal to specific demographics. There are multiple uses for AI influencers, such as marketing, advertising and entertainment. The appeal of AI influencers lies in their ability to work around the clock, maintain consistency, and adapt to changing trends rapidly. They are effectively blank slates that can be adapted into any situation or circumstance that you want. However, their authenticity and the ethical considerations surrounding the use of AI in influencing are subjects of debate within the influencer marketing landscape.
Who is the most popular virtual influencer?
Recently the AI Instagram influencer Aitana Lopez has been trending recently after it was revealed that the agency behind the AI model has been earning up to €10,000 per month through brand deals, and exclusive content.
However, currently the most popular AI influencer is Miquela Sousa, also known as @lilmiquela on Instagram. She has over 2.7 million followers and has had brand deals with Prada and Calvin Klein.
How to create an AI character?
This short video created by Fireship breaks down the basics of creating an AI model and how you can create your own AI influencer.
How to earn money with an AI influencer?
- Create a hyper-realistic AI-generated Instagram influencer profile with a base model.
- Develop AI influencers by remixing and generating images using advanced settings on an AI image generator.
- Utilize a face swap tool to create models by swapping faces between downloaded and AI-generated images.
- Generate unlimited Instagram images by uploading target and source images; focus on engaging reels for follower growth and monetization.
- Swap faces in videos using Google Colab by connecting to a server and uploading the target video and source image.
- Simplify the process by renaming files, skipping installation, and copying/pasting file locations.
- Easily create hyper-realistic AI influencers by running the code, addressing errors, and downloading the file.
- Generate images, upload on Instagram, use AI tools for captions, and monetize your account for hyper-realistic AI influencers.