SMS Backup & Restore
is an application that can create backups (copies) of SMS and MMS messages and call logs on your Android phone. It can also restore messages and call logs from previous backups.
Note: The app can only restore backups previously performed by this app.
- With this app, you can choose which conversations to backup and to where: Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive or Emails.
- Customise a recurring time set when you want the backup to be performed on your device.
- Pick and choose which conversations you want backed up or restored.
- You can email backup files and as backups are made in XML format. These files can be viewed on your computer using this link: https://synctech.com.au/sms-backup-restore/view-backup/.
- Using a WiFi network you can transfer files between 2 phones at high speed.
- Whilst not stipulated as a requirement, the app has only been successfully tested on Android 5.0 and later.
- You will need some storage space on your phone where the backups will be saved locally. It is recommended that you save any backups you make outside the phone before performing a factory reset on your device.
- The app is free to download and use.