SolidWorks has endless possibilities for designers. If you can imagine it, you can create it!
SolidWorks is a trusted 3D design software that has been around for over 25 years. This software helps you conceptualize, create, validate, and transform your ideas into great looking product designs. This is our SolidWorks download page.
- Make Professional Designs: With SolidWorks you can create complex and accurate designs that go beyond anything imaginable, including 3D models and 2D drawings of the most detailed parts and assemblies.
- Prepare for Manufacturing: The software includes a broad range of features that prepare you for the manufacturing process of your designs. You will find manufacturing costs estimation tools, manufacturability checks, and much more. Moreover, the additional SolidWorks Simulation package lets you test your designs against real-world conditions.
- Design in the Cloud: You and your team can work on the same project from anywhere in the world and connect remotely through the browser-based design application. Invite your stakeholders and get real-time feedback and design reviews.
How to Use SolidWorks?
Are you looking for a good SolidWorks tutorial? Then YouTube is definitely the place to be for you. Some of our favorite YouTube channels on this topic are SolidWorks Tutorial and SolidWorks Tutorials With Ryan.
You can also apply for a SolidWorks training through the SolidWorks page. If you consider yourself a SolidWorks professional, you can participate in the SolidWorks Certification Program. This can help you to get hired if you are looking for a position as a designer.
Fusion 360 vs SolidWorks
Is SolidWorks Free?
So how much does SolidWorks cost? It shouldn't come as a surprise that SolidWorks is not available free of charge. The SolidWorks price completely depends on the type of license you require. A license can easily set you back thousands of dollars a year.
If you are a student you will have access to the much more affordable SolidWorks Student Edition.
SolidWorks is an application that requires a big amount of resources. For that reason, the program will only run smoothly on high-end PCs. The recommended system requirements are stated below:
- Operating System: Windows 11 or 10.
- Processor: 3.3 GHz or faster.
- Memory: 16 GB or more RAM memory required.
- Storage: A SSD drive is recommended for optimal performance.
- Graphics Card: Click here for a list of certified GPUs.
Images: © Dassault Systèmes SolidWorks Corporation.