Tinkercad download in progress
You will be automatically redirected to the homepage in 30 seconds.
Tinkercad is an incredible online solution to create 3D models and bring them to life using electronic circuits and simple programming. Whether you are a beginner or already used to building prototypes, you will discover endless possibilities using Tinkercad.
What is Tinkercad?
Tinkercad is an online 3D modeling solution owned by Autodesk. It allows you to create simple to complex 3D shapes, create electronic circuits, and even code whatever you want to bring life to your creation. Moreover, it offers a very modern and well-designed environment specifically adapted to ensure everyone can learn it from scratch.
What are the key features of Tinkercad?
- 3D design: Tinkercad's motto is simple: if you can dream it, you can build it. And it's true, as you can make from product models to printable parts. You can easily place any shape you want (pre-existing shapes or import your own), adjust objects (rotate and scale the way you want in any direction), and combine elements to create custom intricated shapes. And it doesn't stop there, you can easily preview and align multiple objects, duplicate to create copies easily, and use various kinds of rulers and plans.
- Design electronics: From making your first LED blink to building autonomous robots, the possibilities are endless, and you will learn valuable knowledge about electronics. You can add and wire electronic components to create virtual circuits from scratch. Once your components are set up, you can use the integrated circuit editor to connect and code virtual projects using Codeblocks. You can even virtually simulate your component before wiring your real-life circuit.
- Code intelligently: Using the handy drag-and-drop feature, you can write programs that bring your designs to life. Moreover, you can construct dynamic, parametric, and adaptative designs thanks to block-based code. You will even be able to run your code and see your creation come to life in a dedicated 3D viewer, tweak editable properties to see changes dynamically, add loops, and lots more.
- Augmented reality (AR): You can visualize your project via virtual reality and preview what it would look like in real life. For real, that's pretty impressive and gives you a different point of view on your project.
- Didactic approach: Thanks to the integrated wizard, you will quickly understand and learn how to use all the various tools and exploit the incredible possibilities Tinkercad offers.
- File format and cross-media: Shapes can be imported and exported in STL and OBJ for 3D objects and SVG for 2D shapes. Also, it includes a feature to export 3D models to Minecraft: Java Edition and lets you design structures using Lego bricks.
How to install and use Tinkercad?
You won't need to install anything, but you must register an account using your email address or Google account. Then, create a new project, and you can start building your shapes, designing circuits, and coding. For more detailed instructions, check out the valuable online tutorial resources.
Is it free?
You can start using Tinkercad completely free of charge.